Rent a Car in Oman
Welcome to SAADATRENT, where we offer a wide range of affordable and luxury car rentals in Oman. Whether you're here for a short-term visit or a long-term stay, our diverse fleet caters to all your needs, ensuring a comfortable and memorable journey.
Popular Car Rental Options in Oman
- Choose from our affordable car rentals, including compact and budget-friendly options.
- Experience luxury with our premium SUVs and luxury car rentals, perfect for exploring Oman in style.
- Opt for our convenient airport car rental services for hassle-free pick-up and drop-off.
- Benefit from our exclusive car rental deals and coupons, offering the best value for your travel.
Rules for Renting a Car in Oman
- The minimum age to rent a car in Oman is 19 years.
- An international driving license is required for renting a car in Oman. However, individuals from GCC countries and some European countries can use their national driving licenses for a period of up to 6 months.
- Renters are required to provide a copy of their passport when renting a car.
- A security deposit is mandatory for all car rentals in Oman. The amount of this deposit will depend on the specific type of vehicle rented.
What is the deposit for renting a car in Oman?
|Super luxury cars
To rent a car in Oman, a deposit is required, which can be provided either as a cash deposit or via a credit card transaction. This deposit is refunded to you 25 days after the vehicle is returned. In Oman, the deposit serves as a security measure for car rental companies to cover potential costs related to driving offenses and minor damages during the rental period. The deposit can be paid in a variety of currencies, and there's also the option to make the payment using Bitcoin (BTC).
Can we rent a car in Oman (Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Yearly)?
- In Oman, the minimum car rental period is 2 days, with the maximum rental duration being one month.
- Car rental contracts in Oman can be renewed on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Longer rental durations in Oman typically result in lower per-day costs and additional discounts.
Why should we rent a car in Oman?
In Oman, taxi fares can be costly, especially for visiting multiple destinations.
Public transportation options in Oman might not cover all areas you wish to explore.
Renting a car in Oman offers flexibility and convenience, allowing you to travel at your own pace and visit places not accessible by public transport.
Car rentals in Oman can be cost-effective compared to the cumulative costs of taxis for extensive travel.
Additionally, Oman's scenic routes and attractions outside urban areas are best explored with a personal vehicle, enhancing your travel experience.
Required Documents for Renting a Car in Oman (Tourists and Visitors)
If you are visiting Oman and wish to rent a car with SAADATRENT, you will need:
- A copy of your international driver's license.
- Copies of your passport and visa.
- A deposit or cash guarantee (which will be reimbursed within 25 days of returning the car); BTC or USDT transfers are also accepted.
NOTE: If you require car delivery at the airport, a plane ticket must also be provided. Additionally, any companions who wish to drive the rented car must submit the same documentation.
Documents Required for Renting a Car in Oman (Residents)
Residents of Oman need to provide the following documents for car rental:
- A copy of their Omani driver’s license.
- A copy of their passport (since the leased cars belong to a company based outside Oman).
- Proof of Omani residency or visa.
- A deposit or cash guarantee, which is reimbursed after 25 days.
Oman car rental for tourists
Exploring Oman by car offers tourists a unique and flexible way to discover the country's diverse landscapes and rich cultural heritage. Renting a car in Oman allows visitors the freedom to travel at their own pace, from the bustling markets and historic forts of Muscat to the breathtaking dunes of the Wahiba Sands and the serene beaches along the coastline. Car rentals in Oman cater to a wide range of preferences, offering everything from budget-friendly vehicles to luxurious SUVs, ensuring comfort and convenience for all types of travelers. With straightforward rental processes, comprehensive insurance options, and the possibility of GPS-equipped vehicles, tourists can enjoy a hassle-free and immersive travel experience, uncovering the hidden gems of Oman’s majestic terrain.
Essential driving tips for tourists in Oman
- Drive on the Right Side of the Road: In Oman, like most countries, driving is on the right side of the road. If you're accustomed to driving on the left, take some time to familiarize yourself with this change.
- Valid Driving License and Documents: Tourists need a valid international driving license, preferably in English or Arabic. Always carry necessary documents like car rental agreements and insurance papers while driving. For border crossings, such as from the UAE, ensure you have Oman insurance.
- Adhere to Speed Limits: Oman enforces strict speed limits, usually 120 km/h on highways and 60 km/h in urban areas. Exceeding these can result in fines or imprisonment. Be mindful of traffic calming markers indicating sharp bends or stopping points.
- Obey Traffic Rules: Important rules include wearing seat belts, not using a mobile phone while driving, and not driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. The blood alcohol limit is zero. Keep your vehicle clean, especially the number plate, to avoid fines.
- Road Signs: Road signs in Oman are in both English and Arabic. Familiarize yourself with common signs like speed limits and no parking. Be aware of unique signs, such as those indicating the distance to roundabouts.
- Gas Stations and Fuel Prices: Petrol stations are widely available in Muscat but can be sparse in remote areas. Petrol is relatively cheap, with current prices around 0.239 OMR per liter. Petrol stations are not self-service; attendants will fuel your car, and payment is accepted in cash and cards.
- Navigation: Google Maps is sufficient for navigating main roads between towns and cities. In remote off-road areas, a GPS device or offline maps can be more reliable. Omantel offers tourist packs with data for navigation.
- Parking: Parking is generally easy in Oman, with plenty of free parking available even in Muscat.
- Road Conditions: Oman's road network is well-maintained, with smooth highways and paved mountain roads. However, be prepared for unpaved tracks in wadis and mountains, suitable only for 4×4 vehicles or higher clearance SUVs.
Following these tips will ensure a safe and enjoyable driving experience in Oman. Remember, being aware of local driving practices and regulations is crucial for a hassle-free journey.
Popular Attractions of Oman
Oman offers a rich tapestry of attractions that can greatly enhance the experience of renters looking to explore the country. Here are some popular attractions that might be of interest:
📍Muscat: The capital city is known for its stunning blend of old and new. Key attractions include the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque, the Royal Opera House, and the bustling Muttrah Souq.
📍Nizwa: Famous for its historic fort and bustling souq where you can buy traditional Omani crafts and silver jewelry. Nizwa is a gateway to the ancient cities of Bahla and Jabrin.
📍Jebel Akhdar and Jebel Shams: These mountain ranges offer breathtaking views and cooler temperatures. Jebel Shams, known as the 'Mountain of the Sun', is the highest peak in Oman and a popular spot for hiking and camping.
📍Wahiba Sands: Experience the vast expanse of this desert area, perfect for dune bashing, camel riding, and overnight camping under the stars.
📍Bimmah Sinkhole: A spectacular natural limestone sinkhole located in Hawiyat Najm Park, ideal for a refreshing swim.
📍Ras Al Jinz Turtle Reserve: A unique opportunity to witness sea turtles nesting on the beaches, an unforgettable experience, especially from May to October.
📍Wadi Shab and Wadi Bani Khalid: These river gorges are perfect for hiking, swimming in natural pools, and enjoying the picturesque scenery.
📍The Musandam Peninsula: Known for its fjord-like inlets and crystal-clear waters, ideal for snorkeling, diving, and dhow cruises.
📍Salalah: The Dhofar region, is known for its unique Khareef (monsoon) season, lush green landscapes, and beautiful beaches.
📍Bahla Fort: A UNESCO World Heritage site, this fort is a testament to the country’s rich history and architectural prowess.
Renting a car in Oman allows visitors the freedom to explore these attractions at their own pace, offering a more intimate experience of the country’s diverse landscapes and cultural heritage.
Added Perks with SAADATRENT
☆Complimentary 24/7 Roadside Assistance
☆Basic Third-Party Liability Insurance included
☆Flexible mileage packages tailored to your needs
☆Dedicated customer support ready to assist you
SAADATRENT is committed to providing exceptional car rental services in Oman. With our diverse fleet, affordable rates, and customer-first approach, we are your go-to choice for all your car rental needs.