Saffron is a small, perennial herb with a height of 10 to 30 cm. From the middle of the onion or the stem base, a number of narrow leaves extend out. From the middle of the leaves, a flower stem leaves, which ends up one to three goals. The flowers have 6 purple petals, which may be purple or purple in some varieties. Saffron, known as Red Gold, has a 3,000-year history of medicine.
This spice is native to European and Asian countries and is often found in Spain, Italy, France, Greece, Iran, China and India. Saffron has many properties. Saffron belongs to the lily family and has been used extensively since thousands of years ago. In a very long time, it was used as a cure for cough, cold, stomach illness, insomnia, uterine bleeding, heart disease, and bloating.
Saffron is a popular and common spice that comes from a flower called saffron. Its scientific name is Crocus sativus, and it can dry it and turn it into valuable spices during a process.
Benefits of saffron
- It helps to improve digestive system function and increase appetite.
- It has warmth, it cures cough and colds.
- Eliminates bloating and stomach acid.
- Add saffron to the hot milk and drink at the end of the night to sleep comfortably.
- Saffron in the milk eliminates dryness and itching of the skin
- Because it helps blood circulation, it cures kidney, bladder, and liver disorders
- It reduces the pain of the period
- In addition to blood purification, it also has anti-inflammatory properties
- Giving massage with saffron water destroys inflammation and mouth ulcers
- Recent studies have shown that saffron has an anti-cancer effect
- Confronts anxiety and depression
- The use of saffron improves the wound and burns faster
- It is very effective in reducing blood cholesterol
Originally Iran was the only exporter of saffron in the world, but in recent years, other countries have entered the saffron industry. In the new era of Spain, it is considered a rival for Iran and is one of the exporters of saffron. The Emirates has become one of the saffron exporters without saffron cultivation. In addition, many countries, such as Afghanistan, India and others, have been active in saffron trade.
where to buy saffron?
You can buy saffron from the markets in Khorasan, and if you have only traveled to Tehran, you can buy saffron from special shop with the help of a tour guide. saffron is the best Iran souvenirs that you can buy for your friends and family
Qain capital and red gold brand
If we want to talk about cultivating saffron in Iran, the first one to come to mind is Khorasan. Khorasan province has always been a pioneer in saffron cultivation in Iran. The cultivation of saffron is common in different cities of Khorasan Razavi province, including Zawah, Torbat Heydarieh, Torbat Jam, Taibad, Bakhzar, Gonabad, Neyshabur, and Bajestan.
This province has been the first to cultivate saffron. About 230 tons of saffron produced annually in the world, about 170 tons of it are from Khorasan. Currently, Qain saffron is in the first place in terms of quality. Due to the benefits of saffron and its delicious taste in best iranian foods, you can buy it as a precious and unique souvenir and bring it to your country.